Our History

Emmanuel Baptist Church was established as a mission of the First Baptist Church of Wichita Falls in October of 1955. The late Rev. Ed Lane Sr. was the founding pastor and served as pastor for 24 years.

Emmanuel Baptist Church started with a small group of 12 faithful charter members meeting under an arbor located at what is now Harrell Park (Home of the Campfire Camps) in the summer of 1955. In the fall of 1955 the church met in a cafeteria located, at that time, on the corner of Ninth and Beverly.

By the fall of 1956 Emmanuel had grown to the place that they needed a larger facility. They moved to the cafeteria of Harrell School where they met until September 1960. The church acquired a plot of ground in the 200 block of Valley View Rd. and built today’s current facility.